Do you have a love for design and a drive to create extremely compelling work in a dynamic and challenging industry? We are looking for a highly talented junior level graphic designer that can deliver innovative solutions with an “oh wow” factor for our predominately Silicon Valley-based clients. The ideal candidate should have a well-rounded understanding of design principles (specifically for B2B application) and should have the ability to create/support effective brands for our clients’ industries. Furthermore, the junior designer should expect to support and collaborate with Senior Designers and Art Directors on a wide variety of projects including: logo & branding design, high-end Keynote/PowerPoint presentation design, printed collateral, trade show materials, video design, and much more.
- Develop and maintain original looks for visual assets in print and digital design while embracing established brand standards for multiple clients
- Work with Art Directors and the design team to execute concepts for branding projects for emerging companies in the technology and investment spaces
- Design a full range of high-impact print and digital collateral
- Stay up-to-date with design and technology trends
- Partner effectively with all departments to ensure delivery of on-time, high-quality deliverables
- Collaborate with design and web teams on a multitude of projects
- Communicate design concepts with a clear and concise purpose
- 1+ year working for an in-house creative team, design studio, or creative/agency environment
- BA or BFA in Graphic Design, Communication Design, or related field
- Proficient in Adobe CC and Mac OS
- Extensive knowledge of effective typography, color, and strong page layouts
- Self-starter with a strong initiative, work ethic, and organizational skills a must
- The ability to prioritize and go the extra mile when needed
- Creative, passion, a positive attitude, and a sense of humor
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, include ability to articulate conceptual design solutions
- Advanced experience using Keynote and Microsoft PowerPoint (specifically with templates and masters) is a huge plus, but not a deal breaker
- Experience in Adobe After Effects is a definite bonus
- Ability to work and interact in a collaborative and open office setting
- Willingness to work in the Louisville-based office (this is not a telecommute position)
- Easily adaptable to changing priorities and client needs
- Understanding/awareness of the aesthetic and culture of Silicon Valley
Candidates should submit resume and portfolio link to firstname.lastname@example.org.
KBD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applications for KBD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, genetic information, or any other protected class established by law. In addition to federal law requirements, KBD complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
KBD offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including health benefits, generous vacation and opportunity for advancement.