Senior Front-End Web DeveloperApply
Based in Louisville, KBD is a growing branding and web agency that partners primarily with venture capital firms and enterprise technology companies to build compelling brands and cutting edge digital experiences. We typically create 15-20 medium sized, B2B sites per year with a very small team for extremely high profile clients. We are looking to expand our web development team immediately to accommodate for increasing demand.
KBD offers a unique opportunity to interact with some of the world’s hottest technology companies and venture capital firms. Expectations are high, but you’ll learn a lot and the perks are great, including extremely competitive salaries, 3 weeks paid time off to start, 100% paid health benefits, an awesome office in the Highlands, 6-week parental leave, a fully stocked bar and lots of snacks. Plus, talented colleagues and amazing clients.
- Build responsive WordPress themes from scratch, and maintain previously built sites
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Familiarity with ACF
- Write and maintain clean and composed CSS/SASS
- Q/A and cross browser test sites
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Communicate clearly with the design team and development team, as well as project stakeholders
- Setup a basic web server
- Build flexible email templates in multiple environments
- Minimum 2-3 years of front-end development experience, with demonstrated work building in WordPress
- Familiarity with responsive design, cross browser and device testing
- Experience with Git
- Experience with command line (SSH) and web servers: Nginx and Apache
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Experience writing flexible email templates in integrated marketing management frameworks (Marketo, Hubspot, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools (Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator), to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image.
- Keen sense of aesthetic
- Detail oriented
- Bonus points for familiarity with static site generators
- Flexible, adaptive, and able to thrive in a collaborative startup environment
Candidates should submit resume and portfolio link to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more info on KBD, visit wearekbd.com.
KBD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, genetic information, or any other protected class established by law. In addition to federal law requirements, KBD complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
KBD offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including health benefits, generous vacation and opportunity for advancement.